Wednesday, March 16, 2011
AVG Antivirus is one of the most complete programs we have found to date. It includes many new options to make it one of the most effective virus scanners on the market. It is still plagued by horrible slowdowns at times. Even things so simple as just typing an IM can be stopped for several seconds for some reason. If you can get passed the occasional slowdowns of your computer, the scanning functionality of AVG Antivirus is top of the line. With the rewrite of the scanning engine, AVG includes multi-processor support.
• Enjoy consistently high speed scanning performance with our NEW enhanced virus scanner
• Surf, and search with confidence, with LinkScanner® checking web pages at the only time that matters – right before you click that link
Surfing and searching the web, social networking
• LinkScanner® Active Surf-Shield Ensures every web page you visit is safe – even before you go there
• LinkScanner® Search-Shield Applies safety ratings to your Google, Bing/MSN and Yahoo search results
• NEW Superior Phishing Protection Checks to make sure web pages really are what they appear to be
Emailing, chatting, and downloading
• Web Shield Lets you download and exchange files without risking virus infections
• E-mail Scanner Keeps you safe from dangerous attachments and links in your e-mail
Whether you’re online or offline
• Anti-Virus Makes sure you can’t get or spread a virus, worm, or Trojan horse
• Anti-Spyware Prevents unauthorized information access by spyware and adware
• Anti-Rootkit Ensures even the toughest and most sophisticated threats are kept off your PC
• Game Mode Keeps you safe without interrupting your game-play
• Update Manager Makes sure you’re always protected against the latest threats – automatically
Instructions to remove the AVG Antivirus software
Probably the most common way to remove any program from a computer requires accessing the Add/Remove Programs tool in the Control panel. Those who are unaware of it can follow the instructions below.
Step 1: Click on the ‘start’ button on the home screen and then go to ‘Control Panel’.
Step 2: Select the icon ‘Programs and features’. If you have an older Windows OS, select ‘Add/Remove Programs’.
Step 3: A list of all the files and folders will be displayed. Find the ‘AVG Anti-Virus’ program and select it.
Step 4: After selecting it, select the ‘Uninstall’ option at the top of the screen. A confirmation screen will appear asking you whether you want to uninstall. Confirm and the program will be uninstalled.
Through the Software
Step 1: You need to visit the AVG homepage. It can be accessed by typing the name of the Antivirus program in Google and then following the link.
Step 2: The software needs to be downloaded, as if you are going to install it.
Step 3: The installer needs to be double clicked. From the options that come up, click on ‘Uninstall’. It may come up with a message ‘Are you sure you want to uninstall’. Confirm it and then the process will begin.
Step 4: Once the process is completed, restart the computer and the program will be removed.
Posted by crutplak at 11:20 PM